Southgate residents should have received a postcard this week announcing the first of two annual extra curbside garbage pickups organized by the Southgate Neighborhood Council and Spokane’s Office of Neighborhood Services (ONS). The extra pickup is happening on Friday, May 29th.
Each year ONS allocates money to each neighborhood for neighborhood cleanup activities and this is the second year that Southgate residents have decided to do a pair of extra curbside pickups as opposed to handing out dump passes.
From the postcard, “City garbage trucks will begin collecting the waste at 7:00am and will only pick up trash at the curb (no alley pickup), single family residential waste only. Everything must be to the curb by 7:00am.”
The postcard further explains the rules…
You may put out the following items: Up to three trash cans/bags/boxes or bundles weighing no more than 85 pounds each. Acceptable items include:
- Household Trash – Broken toys, housewares, clothing
- Small Appliances – Microwave, toasters, coffee pots, etc.
- Small Furniture – Size one person can carry
- Tires – Two maximum per household
Do Not Put Out:
- Hazardous Waste – Oil, paint, batteries, pesticides, or chemicals
- Clean Green – Grass clippings, branches, tree stumps, or sod
- Large Appliances – water heaters, tubs, sinks, stoves, washers, or dryers, etc.
If you have any questions please contact Jackie Caro at the City of Spokane Office of Neighborhood Services at email@example.com or 509-625-6733
One thought on “FREE Extra Curbside Garbage Pickup May 29th”
Friday is May 27th 🙂