Dump Pass Requests Open

The City of Spokane is offering its residents disposal passes as part of the Neighborhood Clean-up Program.

Residents can request a disposal pass to the Waste to Energy Facility at 2900 S. Geiger Blvd. Last year the passes moved from a seasonal program to year-round one or until funds are expended.

The passes, which cover up to $25 in tipping fees, are designed to help residents remove extra waste by distributing vouchers to the Waste to Energy Facility. The program is a partnership between the Office of Neighborhood Services and Department of Solid Waste Collection.

Residents are responsible for any fees in excess of the $25 disposal pass. Passes have no cash value and cannot be carried over to additional vehicles or trips. Businesses, organizations and schools are not eligible.

Residents can visit the City’s Neighborhood Clean-up Page to sign up. They will need to log in to their MySpokane account, the same as their utility billing account if they have one with the City, to request a pass.

The pass will be emailed directly to residents with instructions on how to redeem the pass at the Waste to Energy Facility.

If you don’t have access to a utility billing account, make an account at my.spokanecity.org/account. You can also call My Spokane at 311 or 509-755-CITY (2489) for assistance in setting up your account.

A limited amount of paper passes are also available at the My Spokane customer service desk located on the first floor of City Hall, 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd. In addition, neighborhood COPS (Community-Oriented Policing Services) Shops have disposal pass request forms available.

Passes can be requested by City of Spokane residents once every 30 days. Disposal passes are available until program funding is expended.

The program collected 433.42 tons of waste in 2022, which equated to $48,645.92 in fees.

Combined loads can’t be separated by type in regard to fees. If you bring a combination of yard waste, recycling and garbage in one vehicle load, it will all be charged as general garbage.

Recycling (blue cart items) and household hazardous waste such as batteries, paint thinners and pesticides are accepted free of fees, but they must be hauled separately from garbage or “clean green” items to receive free disposal.

A complete list of what to bring and what not to bring is in the Solid Waste Disposal Guide. Electronics are not allowed.

Loads must be covered with a tarp or secured with a rope. Unsecured or uncovered loads will be charged a fee.

The disposal pass vouchers can only be used at the Waste to Energy Facility and are not eligible for use at county transfer stations.

The Waste to Energy Facility is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week, except on major holidays.

The other part of the Neighborhood Clean-up Program, spring and fall curbside and roll-off events, start in April. For more information on those, contact your Neighborhood Council. Not sure which neighborhood you belong to? Visit spokaneneighborhoods.org.

The City resumed its optional curbside yard and food waste pickup service on Monday, Feb. 27.

For questions about the Disposal Pass Program, contact Neighborhood Services, at cleanup@spokanecity.org.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s